Sensory Evaluation of Honey
Sensory Evaluation of Honey Certificate Course
Date: October 26 – 28, 2018
Fee: $699 ($799 after September 26th)
This evaluation course is for anyone interested in learning how to critically taste and assess honey. Using standard sensory techniques, packers, chefs, beekeepers, writers, food manufacturers, honey aficionados will learn about honey. Attendees will receive a UC Davis Honey Flavor Wheel in addition to a jump drive with all presentations.
- Taste over 40 varietals from across the US, Europe and other locales.
- Learn the positive attributes and defects found in honey
- Learn about the science of tasting from Sensory Faculty at UC Davis
- Learn about labeling laws and their limitations
- Get an update on the latest UC Davis Sensory Research
- Receive lectures from leading authorities in nutrition, medical science, and adulteration and even a cooking demonstration on how to use honey in creative ways.
- An exam at the end of the course will help you evaluate how much you have learned.
HOTEL OPTION: Contact the Best Western Lodge directly at (530) 756-7890 and ask for the Sensory Evaluation of Honey discount. The discounted rate is $110 (single) or $120 (double) per night. Cut off date 10/11/18.
IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE USA: Please enter CA in the State Field. 95616 in the Zip Code Field and 555-555-5555 in the Telephone Field. You can enter your state/province, country, postal code and phone number in the supplemental fields provided. Once you submit the registration information you will be redirected to a secure credit card site where you will be able to enter your credit card information with the correct address. Thank you.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 100% refund (+$50 processing fee) OR 100% credit (no processing fee) if cancelled prior to September 23, 2018. 75% credit towards a future course if cancelled prior to October, 12, 2018. No refund or credit after October 12, 2018.