UC Davis Plant Breeding Academy: E-Series- Hybrid Breeding Strategies (SPANISH)
March 16 & 17, 2022 (Online)
8:00 am - 12:30 pm (Pacific time zone)
The UC Davis Seed Biotechnology Center created the Plant Breeding Academy E-Series online courses as a response to a high demand for industry professional education courses even during the pandemic of 2020-2021. The first round of E-Series courses were such a success that we are now offering E-Series #1 and #2 in two new languages.
These courses utilize an online format with the proven teaching models of the globally popular Plant Breeding Academy in-person courses, focusing on practical application and interaction with experienced instructors.
E-SERIES 2- HYBRID BREEDING STRATEGIES:
Foundational level, designed for plant breeders and their team, this course will aid in the design and development of a true hybrid breeding engine, covering the topics of breeding targets, germplasm and trait organization into pools, importance of hybrid testing/evaluation, early vs late generation testing, choice of testers, and more.
COURSE REGISTRATION PRICING:
Early Registration price: $590 (Before January 28, 2022)
Regular Registration price: $790
This is a previously recorded course that has been interpreted to Spanish language. Lectures are pre-recorded, but instructors and interpreters will be live during the course to answer students' questions in respective language.
REFUND POLICY FOR SBC COURSES AND EVENTS:
- Cancellation requests received via email (in writing) 60+ days before course start date receive reimbursement of registration fees paid minus a $150 USD administrative fee.
- No refunds are available for cancellation requests received 59 or fewer days before course start date.
- Registration substitution or transfers are allowed 30+ days before course start date and must be approved by class administrator.
- In the unlikely event that this program is canceled or postponed due to insufficient enrollments or any unforeseen circumstances (including COVID pandemic), the Seed Biotechnology Center will fully refund registration fees but cannot be held responsible for any other expenses, including cancellation or change charges assessed by airlines, hotels, travel agencies, or other organizations.
- For questions about this course or registration, please contact Whitney Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you encounter an error in the phone number field, try entering: 5304001234
- On the next (registration) page, it asks for two sets of contact info: If you are completing this registration for yourself, please enter your contact info twice.
Register by Mar 15 th
Mar 16, 2022
Mar 17, 2022
Whitney Lowe - email@example.com
Price Per Course Registration:
Last day to register online:
Tuesday, March 15, 2022