Baby Behavior for Lactation Professionals (4 Part Series)
Baby Behavior messages have been successful in improving infant-feeding practices by addressing common “trigger” behaviors for overfeeding, such as infant crying and waking. This pre-recorded series of webinars will provide the skills and tools that professionals need to better understand the range of infant behaviors often misinterpreted by parents and to use research-based counseling techniques to successfully drive behavior change.
- Part 1: Baby Behavior Beginnings and Approach
- Part 2: Understanding Infant States and Cues
- Part 3: Understanding Infant Crying and Sleep
- Part 4: Newborn Behavior and the Big 3 Early Breastfeeding Challenges
At the end of the sessions, attendees will be able to:
- List 2 common infant behaviors that may trigger weaning and/or overfeeding behaviors.
- Describe at least 2 beliefs which convinced mothers that their healthy newborns needed supplementation during the hospital stay.
- Demonstrate recognition of various infant states and cues.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate messages about infant crying and soothing.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate the differences between active and quiet sleep.
- Differentiate behavioral causes to common early breastfeeding difficulties.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply Baby Behavior knowledge to specific case studies.
Continuing Education Units
- Part 1: CA BRN – 1.0; IBLCE – 1.0 R-Cerps
- Part 2: CA BRN – 1.0; IBLCE – 1.0 L-Cerps
- Part 3: CA BRN – 1.0; IBLCE – 1.0 L-Cerps
- Part 4: CA BRN – 1.0; IBLCE – 1.0 L-Cerps
Note: Please disregard the event date and time on the right side of this page. This webinar is pre-recorded and available to watch at your own convenience. Access to the webinar expires 3 months after purchase.
After you submit the registration form, an email will be auto-generated with a payment confirmation and instructions for accessing the recording and evaluation.
Registration for this webinar is intended for an individual viewer. Do not share the link or password. If purchasing for a group, please contact our office for the group pricing information. A live version of this webinar is available for groups of 5 or more. For group or live options, contact us by email (email@example.com) or by phone (530-754-5364) before registering.
If you have any questions or trouble with this registration site, please contact our office at 530-754-5364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register by Dec 31 st
Date of Event:
Dec 31, 2021
Time of Event:
Price Per Registration:
Last day to register online:
Sunday, December 31, 2023