Food Science Graduate Student Assoc. Cooking Class
COOKING WITH CHEF IRENE YIM
Irene Yim has worked in resturants all her life. She graduated from the California Culinary Academy Le Cordon Bleu in San Francisco with honors and has worked for numerous acclaimed chefs in the Bay Area. Her passion for food and cooking has taken her all over the world. Yim has undergone apprenticeships in Singapore and Thailand, worked as a sausage maker and cheese monger in New Orleans, ran banquets in Sausalito, and authored receips for Chef Martin Yan. Since then her interests have turned to how food affects the greater population outside of the restaurant setting, and is now a Food Science PhD student at UC Davis.
EVENT DATE: Saturday, April 28, 2018
COOKING CLASS: 12:00 pm; Food Innovation Lab, Robert Mondavi Institute
COST: $75.00 per person; includes hands-on cooking, Spring Brunch, dessert and wine. (Must be 21+ to participate in wine pairing)
MENU: SPRING BRUNCH
* Eggs Benedict
* French Toast (strawberry rhubarb compote, goat cheese whipped cream)
* Savory Ricotta-Stuffed French Toast Almondine (almonds, peas, mint, brown butter)
* Roasted Mixed Potatoes (charred spring onions, romesco sauce, labneh)
* Grilled Asparagus (pickled shallots, chopped eggs, caper vinaigrette)
* Brown Sugar Bacon
The University has strict health requirments when working in the kitchen. Please be prepared to pull long hair back in a pony-tail with a hairnet (will be provided) or you may bring your own baseball cap. Beards will need to be covered as well. Closed-toe shoes and pants are required when working in the kitchen.
Email: Zeya Xue with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Menu may be subject to change slightly based on ingredient availabilty.