Robert Mondavi Institute, UC Davis Olive Oil Day
The Robert Mondavi Institute’s UC Davis Olive Oil Day will focus on increasing awareness, consumption and sales of premium olive oil. The day will include presentations by top authorities, premium olive oil tastings, a catered lunch and a forum hosted by the Director of the UC Davis Olive Center, Dan Flynn. Learn about opportunities, challenges and practices from the olive oil experts.
The Olive Oil Day begins with Registration and Continental Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Welcome and Presentations begins at 9:00 a.m.
Dr. Paolo Pasquali, Oleoteca Villa Campestri, Vicchio, Italy
- Oleoteca Villa Campestri’s story. Showcasing olive oil’s diversity to turning a profit.
Karen Bond, Bondolio
- What it takes to get premium olive oil stocked at retail and in foodservice.
Darrell Corti, Corti Brothers, Sacramento
- The challenge and promise of selling premium olive oil.
Richard Armanino, Director of Sales & Purchasing, ItalFoods, San Francisco
- The vision through an importer.
Greg Drescher, Vice President, Culinary Institute of America
- Chefs, restaurants and the advancement of olive oil excellence.
Professor Jean-Xavier Guinard, UC Davis, Food Science and Technology
- Replacing butter with olive oil in select recipes – how did Californian, Italian and Spanish consumers react?
Coffee and Conversation, Dan Flynn, Director, UC Davis Olive Center Moderator
- Opportunities, challenges and best practices for today’s and tomorrow’s olive oil markets, and how to get consumers to consume more and better olive oil.